Build websites and online tools for do-gooders and mission-driven organizations with us! Developers at Advomatic are responsible for building and maintaining websites for our clients, primarily in Drupal 8.
As a Back-end Developer you would:
• Be responsible for building websites that are maintainable, easy to administer, and cost-effective.
• Implement requirements described in a technical plan, including site-building, PHP code, and module development.
• Work collaboratively with the project team to ensure tickets are completed successfully.
• Participate in QA and code reviews.
• Support existing sites via our support ticket system.
• Run security updates for Drupal core and contrib.
• Work with the rest of the development team and the technical manager to improve our processes and implement new tools.
You should have most of these qualities:
• Experience with PHP web programming, or experience working with Drupal.
• Superior communication skills (especially written) with an ability to translate complex technical concepts to non-technical clients.
• Attention to detail. Please start your cover letter/pitch with “Dear Advoteam,” when applying.
• Familiarity with collaborative development tools such as Git.
• Knowledge of Drupal’s internal systems and of Drupal's top contributed modules.
• Familiarity with the Linux command line, including Drush.
• Strong self-management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
It would be great if you had a few of these qualities, too:
• Front-end experience.
• Active in the Drupal community.
• Have worked in a client service agency, or building tools for mission-driven organizations.
• Experience working on a remote/distributed team.
• Experience with agile development methodologies like Consultancy Scrum, Kanban, or Behaviour Driven Development (BDD).
• Experience with Wordpress.
We have a standardized and equitable salary structure for various experience levels that is adjusted for regional costs of living and we will talk with you openly about salary ranges during the interview process.
This posting will remain open until we find the right candidate.
This posting is open to individuals interested in full-time, salaried employment. Contractors, web agencies, or employment firms need not apply.
This is a remote position. Staff must be located in timezones that overlap with the continental United States and work during our business hours (10-6EST).
Advomatic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to build a diverse staff representative of the communities we serve. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ, women, and/or gender non-conforming to apply. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state and federal law.